Abiotic constraints in Wheat
Abiotic in-crop constraints for wheat
Group N herbicide damage
Constraint – Group N herbicide damage
- Symptoms appear in 3-7 days
- Damage to plants is generally limited to the sprayed foliage.
- Yellowing and wilting of leaves can occur, particularly at the tips and margins of older leaves
- Leaves desiccate and become crisp
- Death of the growing point after 7-20 days
- Plants can become stunted due to the loss of the growing tip
- There is seldom any lasting damage
There is no treatment options. As a precaution, spray when the risk of drift is low, or when environmental conditions are optimum.
Links and Resources
DAFWA - Group N herbicide damage
Lists group N herbicides, damage/symptoms, and similar symptoms.