Abiotic constraints in Wheat
Abiotic in-crop constraints for wheat
Group I herbicide damage
Constraint – Group I herbicide damage
- Foliar symptoms appear within 3-4 days of application
- Susceptible plants start to twist and appear distorted
- Very early sprayed plants have a fused flag leaf that resembles an onion leaf
- Late sprayed plants may develop head deformation
- Distorted heads may contain less grain, leading to yield decreases
There are no treatment options. As a precaution, spray when the risk of drift is low, and in optimum environmental conditions.
Links and Resources
DAFWA - Group I herbicide damage
Introduction, what to look for on plant and in paddock, what else could it be, and treatment.
DEPI VIC - Group I herbicide
Information on residual herbicide presence, which herbicides are residual, how herbicides break down, and avoidance methods. Page last updated 2013.