Abiotic constraints in Wheat
Abiotic in-crop constraints for wheat
Group F herbicide damage
Constraint – Group F herbicide damage
- Symptoms appear within 3-4 days of application
- White/yellow spots, streaks, or bands on leaves that may be accompanied by mauve discolouration
- Exceptionally high rates can result in leaf bleaching, and stunted plants
- Effects disappear as new growth develops
- Plants can become stunted, but rarely die
There are no treatment options, plants normally completely recover. As a precaution, spray when the risk of drift is low or when environmental conditions are optimal.
Links and Resources
DAFWA - Group F herbicide damage
Introduction, what to look for on plant and in paddock, what else could it be, and treatment.