Abiotic constraints in Wheat
Abiotic in-crop constraints for wheat
Group A herbicide damage
Constraint – Group A herbicide damage
- Symptoms appear 7 to 10 days after spray application
- Directly sprayed areas are uniformly pale
- Wilting can occur, along with pale/yellow necrotic spots on directly sprayed leaves.
- Leaf blade may be pinched and white where droplets lodge at the junction of the leaf blade and the new leaf.
- In more severe cases, root and shoot growth are inhibited and discoloured, which can lead to the death of the whole plant
- Plants can suffer from stunting and/or reduced yield
- In severe cases, the whole pant will die
There is no treatment. Plants will either die or recover.
Links and Resources
DAFWA - Group A herbicide damage
Introduction, what to look for on plant and in paddock, what else could it be, and treatment.